Saturday 28 March 2009

Continued...

The next major event was Meg's first 12-Car rally, which took place thanks to the Vickers Barrow Motor Club (http://www.vbmc.co.uk/). The car proved to be flawless throughout and we managed not to drop any time anywhere, which is a credit to dear Meg! We only had one near-miss which resulted from being blinded after hitting a flood at speed, and me not being able to find the wiper switch in time. However, luckily, we only grazed the hedge! (Incidentally, the Monte Rally Plates are from an event in December that I did with Peter Leary in a 1953 Standard 8!)
Here's how she looked after the event.. Those wires took a lot of cleaning!





Since then, not a huge amount has happened. It snowed, so I went out to play:



Then it was finally dry and sunny, so I went out to play even more:








And finally, here are a couple of photos taken in front of my Grandmother's house... some rather nice surroundings, I'm sure you'll agree!







Anyway, that's about it for now, but I certainly hope to be posting more regularly!

No comments: