Monday 26 May 2008

Time is Fleeting.....

Well, Megan's arrival is getting closer, which of course means that my GCSEs are coming to a close! Wahoo!

As I've already mentioned, the car is fitted with KN Minator Minilite replicas. However, I'm not a huge fan of these as every classic car seems to have them, so I plan to do a wire wheel conversion. I've been collecting bits and bobs to do this job. So far, I have:
  • A wire wheel axle, as these differ from the normal bolt-on wheel axles - I've managed to find one free of charge: many thanks to Ian Helsby for supplying that!
  • 4 Chrome wire wheels and tyres: many thanks to Ged West for his extreme generosity. They'll be winging their way towards here sometime in the next week.
  • 4 Two-Eared Spinners, courtesy of eBay.

All I need now are the hubs (I can get a brand new set of four for around £150), and brake bits for the axle, along with any other bits and bobs that may be needed...


Mmmmmm.... Shiny!

I've also been on the lookout for something to play my groovy tunes on while in the car. Once again, a search on eBay revealed something to suit my needs perfectly. This is in the form of a Motorola Model 114 LW/MW Radio, with an auxhiliary input for an MP3 Player. This means I can have any tune I want at all, without having to worry about CDs, or radio reception. The style of the radio also fits in well as it's from the time of the car.


Also on my shopping list are:

  1. A new set of hoses and bushes all round, as the ones on the car will no doubt have perished.
  2. Brake parts, just to be on the safe side
  3. Everything that will be needed for initial startup: these include Oil, Coolant, Petrol and more!
  4. Side moulding clips, as there are some missing - however, the car comes with a brand new set of chrome side strips along with the grille.
  5. Possibly a Carburettor service kit
  6. A 6x4' Union Jack for the back seat, just so I can be like Chris (heheh!)
  7. A small metal Union flag for the dash
  8. Some engine paint, just to sort out a couple of rust issues!
  9. An oil filler cap, as the other one was used as a substitute for something else a couple of months ago.

No comments: